Zeus2 Software Update
B&G are pleased to announce new software for the B&G Zeus² range of multifunction displays. This new release incorporates some great new features and improvements including:
- New Control bar User Interface
- Port / Starboard Waypoint Rounding Indication
- Coloured Tracks based on data
- HeatMap overlay on the chart (Water Temperature)
- New Feature Unlock. Enhanced features available from the GoFree shop
New Control Bar
There is a new control bar located down the left hand side of the screen. The control bar will show controls for the following if the relevant products are in the system:
- Autopilot: Autopilot controls. Visible if an Autopilot computer is connected
- Audio: Audio server controls. Visible if there is a compatible audio server on the network
Autopilot control bar
Autopilot controls are now accessed from the new control bar. The autopilot control is visible if a B&G autopilot computer is on the NMEA 2000 network.
Selecting the autopilot control button will expand to reveal the autopilot controller, showing the active mode, heading, rudder and various steering information depending on active autopilot mode. The autopilot indicator remains on the status bar.
Audio control bar
The audio control bar is available when compatible, active audio server is on the NMEA 2000 network.
Select Audio in the control bar to open the audio controller. Select the Audio source button and then select the audio source.
Note: The number of sources depends on the active audio server
Mark Rounding Indicators
To enable quick and easy identification of mark rounding directions when racing the latest update allows users to set a specific course as a race, which then automatically applies mark rounding directions based on the relative angle between legs of the course. These angles can be edited by the user to match those provided by the race committee, if different.
The system can now dynamically change the colour of a track based on a source of data.
Track colour can be based on the following data sources (if available):-
- SOG (Boat Speed over ground)
- STW (Boat speed though water)
- Wind Speed (True wind speed)
- Wind Speed Apparent (Apparent Wind Speed)
- VMG (Velocity Made Good)
- Polar Performance
The colour scale will use red to show the lowest value and green for the highest with the mean value shown in yellow.
Enable Colour Tracks using the option in the side menu under Chart Options. Once turned on the unit provides the ability to set the data parameters.
Heat map is a new Chart Overlay that shows a history of the sea surface temperature where the boat has been. The Sea temperature history is shown as a coloured line where the boat has been. A sea temperature sensor is required and set as a source of Sea Temp in the Network settings. The colours relate to a key that is visible when the overlay is active. The keys values will automatically adjust based on the current temperature reading. The pallet of the Heat Map and key can be adjusted.
New Feature Unlock
Additional functionality and features can now be purchased and can be unlocked on the Multifunction Display using the new Feature Unlock menu item under Settings. (This is only visible when a compatible device is connected)
- Changed default C-MAP depth palette to “Depth Shading”
- Screen shot files are now named with Date and Time e.g Screenshot_2017-07-06_05.01.12.png.
- Touch calibration logs are now sent with service assistant reports
- Rotary knob push to toggle between control of settings such as Gain on Sonar and Radar has been fixed
- East/West identifier missing from WPTs when cord sys is set to Degrees / Minutes / Seconds
- Dock to Dock out side of the USA: A fix has been implemented for the feature not working on some units with certain Navionics charts in Europe.
- Dock to Dock and Autorouting out side of the USA: This feature is now Geo-fenced on all SKU’s and will not to work within U.S. Waters
- High voltage alarm: Some customers have reported High Voltage alarms even though the vessels voltage is normal.
- A power control fix has been implemented to work with Fusion MS-BB300 radios.
This release incorporates new features and improvements including:
- PredictWind Weather routing
- Navionics SonarChart Live
- Navionics Dock-to-Dock Autorouting
- Navionics Plotter Sync
- NMEA2000 Entertainment and Audio Enhancements
- Predict Wind weather routing
- Weather Routing by PredictWind is now available to B&G MFD and Chart Plotter users via a direct Wi-Fi connection.
- PredictWind weather routing and departure planning services are online weather routing tools for creating the fastest or safest route for your trip based on weather and tidal conditions.
- Navionics Dock-to-Dock* is an improvement of the current Navionics Autorouting algorithm. Navionics Dock-to-dock Autorouting quickly calculates a detailed route even through narrow passages and channels, based on chart data and navigation aids.
- Naviconics SonarChart™ Live** Allows the creation of personal 1 ft/0.5 m HD bathymetry maps in real time on the Simrad MFD. With SonarChart™ Live, users can engage the sonar to create new and increasingly detailed charts everywhere they go.
- Navionics Tide Correction for SonarChart Live**. When selected, the tide correction feature uses information from nearby tide stations (if available) to adjust the depth values used by SonarChart Live as the sonar is recorded.
- Navionics Plotter Sync*** allows the synchronization of routes and waypoints between the Navionics mobile device App and a B&G MFD. It can also update the Navionics chart card in the MFD with the latest chart data.
* Dock-to-Dock feature requires a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription. The Navionics Autorouting function is disabled in any unit designed for the U.S. region. All other models will automatically disable this feature when being used in U.S. territorial waters.
** SonarChart™ Requires a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription.
***Plotter Sync requires a Navionics app with an active subscription and a Navionics chart card with an active chart updates subscription. Requires an MFD with internal Wi-Fi or connected to a WIFI-1 module.
- NMEA 2000 Audio enhancements. Now compatible with the following audio servers
- JL Audio® – MediaMaster® MM100s
- Prospec Electronics – Infinity® INFPRV450/INFMBB400/INFMBB4030
- ASA Electronics – Polk® Ultramarine PA4A
- Added ability to enter a depth offset for a Structure scan transducer
- B&G - Upload/Download of waypoints and routes via Wi-Fi is now available on B&G MFDs
- Tide station search. Some customers have reported the tide station search been empty when using newer Navionics charts. The Issue has been identified and fixed
- Tide stations not found when set to language other than English
- Default metric units for distance is now NM and speed now is knots
- Issue resolved where imported tracks were sometimes corrupted
|Last Updated||August 9, 2017|
|Zeues2 Software Update File (Zeus2_W-4.6-57.1.209-Standard-1.upd)||Download|
|Zeus2 Upgrade Instructions 11 16||Download|
|Zeus2 Software Upgrade Instructions||Download|