Give your next race the B&G advantage
RacePanel provides proven race features* for your B&G chartplotter. Benefit from Startline, Startline on Chart, Race Timer, Windward/Leeward Course Builder and What If?
Some features require H5000.
Select a feature to learn more:
Setting up Startline
It is simple to set the course by adding the start line positions (Port and Starboard ends) from a choice of the following:
- “Ping” at the current position
- Set waypoint position (from chart and/or waypoint list)
- Set at cursor (from chart)
- Set one end as a range and bearing from the other
- Nudge an end of the line up/down for minor adjustment (perpendicular to the line, in metres)
Setting a Course
By simply entering a bearing from the committee boat, the range and the number of laps, you can easily set a windward/leeward course.
To enable quicker and easier route entry and course understanding, B&G chartplotters include:
- Route summaries showing current True Wind Angle for each leg – allowing sail plan access prior to reaching the waypoint etc.
- Waypoint entry by Range and Bearing from current position
- Ability to construct a Windward/Leeward course using route-points [not waypoints] via a simple dialog using range and bearing from the committee boat. Route-points mean they can be edited live on the screen after first rounding (e.g. drag into position based on track)
The Race Timer allows quick access to all relevant start and racing functions in one place.
- Full race timer control directly from the panel
- Start (if timer is stopped)
- Stop (if timer is running)
- Reset (if timer is stopped)
- Sync (if timer is running and timer value less than zero [i.e. in the pre-start])
- Set initial timer value (if timer is stopped)
- Enable rolling timer
- Enable auto start trip
NOTE: Some settings are hidden in certain layouts (use Menu / Race Timer to change)
Start Line Data
View essential start line data and overlay start line information on the chart.
Summary of features:
- Line bias widget
- Digital gauges for start line values
– Distance to port end
– Distance behind line
– Distance to starboard end
– Bias (degrees)
– Race Timer
– Bias advantage (distance advantage of being at the correct end)
- Tide arrow (relative to line)
“What If?” allows the navigator to assess what might happen on the current leg if the wind changes, or to view and assess future legs of the course. E.g. What is the wind doing on the next leg? What sails do I need?
Summary of features:
Shows Heading, COG, Boat Speed (target/polar), SOG, True/Apparent Wind Angles, Distance, and Time on leg data for any leg of the active route
All numbers corrected for tide
(H5000 Hercules/Perf users will see more numbers)
Users can adjust the Tide and True Wind information to see how data might change
Some settings are hidden when the panel is in certain layouts (use Menu / Race Timer to change)
How to get RacePanel
RacePanel features are available as standard on all new B&G chartplotters. If you are a Zeus² or Vulcan owner, please ensure you have the latest software update installed on your chartplotter to take advantage of these great sailing features. Software updates are free to download.